Most women wear makeup to look good and feel attractive. In fact, many of my friends don’t leave the house without putting some makeup on. They can’t imagine going out without a dab of face powder, mascara, cheek tint, at least…. Oh, and don’t forget the lipstick!
On the other hand, I know some people who prefer not to wear makeup at all. They’re not worried about looking “bare” and on the contrary, they feel good about it! Is it really possible to look good and feel attractive without makeup? By moisturizing and taking care of your skin, choosing the right hairstyle, and maintaining a healthy diet — it is possible, indeed!
How to Look Good and Feel Good without Makeup
In order to look good and feel good, we recommend 3 basic ways: regular skin scare, grooming and styling, and healthy diet with exercise.
#1 – Regular Skin Care
Regular skin care is a key ingredient in looking attractive. Think about it — who needs makeup when your skin looks healthy and smooth? You can achieve this by washing, toning, and moisturizing your skin everyday. Applying sunscreen is also essential.
- Wash. Choose a facial cleanser that matches your skin type (normal, dry, oily). Make sure that your hands are clean first before massaging the cleanser onto your face. After massaging your skin for about 5 minutes, rinse well, and then pat dry.
- Tone. If you have oily skin, using a toner can help prevent breakouts. After washing your face, soak a cotton ball with toner and then apply gently over your face. You can skip toning if your skin is dry or sensitive, as the alcohol in some toners will only irritate your skin.
- Moisturize. Applying moisturizer can help keep your skin soft and smooth. Once again, choose a moisturizing lotion that matches your skin type. Apply facial moisturizer after washing your face, and body lotion after taking a shower. As an alternative to moisturizing lotion, you can also take food supplements, which can help keep your skin looking fresh, clean, and moisturized “from within.”
- Sunscreen. The sun’s rays can cause damage to your skin, even if you stay indoors all day. To prevent this, apply moisturizer or lotion that contains SPF (Sun Protection Factor).
#2 – Grooming and Styling
Aside from regular skin care, grooming and styling can also do wonders to your appearance. This includes cleaning and conditioning your hair, choosing a good haircut, caring for your lips, and wearing comfortable clothes.
- Hair Care. Similar to skin care, choose products that match your hair type (normal, dry, oily, colored). Wash and condition regularly to keep your locks clean, smooth, and shiny.
- Cool Cut. Choose a haircut that flatters the shape of your face. Round faces, for example, go well with hairstyles that “frame” the face. Meanwhile, oval-shaped faces can look good with short hair or a pixie cut. If you’re not sure about which style to choose, talk with a hairstylist about finding the right cut that matches your looks.
- Lip Care. Moisturizing your lips keeps them soft and smooth, while preventing dryness. Apply lip balm several times a day to keep your smackers looking great!
- Fashion Style. Depending on your preferences, choose clothes that fit your personality and lifestyle. More importantly, wear clothes that makes you feel comfortable and confident at the same time!
#3 – Healthy Diet with Exercise
As cliche as it may sound, looking good “outside” begins from the “inside.” In other words, keeping fit and maintaining a healthy diet are also essential to looking your best.
- Healthy Diet. As much as possible choose healthy foods such as fruits, grains, lean meats, and vegetables. In contrast, limit your consumption of sweets and junk food.
- Fluid Intake. Throughout the day, your body needs to stay hydrated. This involves drinking 8 to 10 glasses of “healthy” fluids everyday. Plain water is best, but you can also infuse it with fruit slices to add taste.
- Less Salt and Sugar. Too much salt and sugar in your diet is not good for your health, and may cause skin problems as well. Limit your daily consumption of sugar and salt to avoid any health or skin problems.
- Regular Exercise. Working out is beneficial not only to your health and appearance, but also to your self-esteem. A simple, 30-minute walk everyday can make you feel strong, energized, and confident.
Putting on makeup is not the only way to look attractive. You don’t need to wear lipstick, mascara, and cheek tint everyday to feel great. Through regular skin care, grooming, styling, exercise, and a healthy diet, you can be confident about your looks — even without makeup.